Trail Inspecton Programme
The National Trails Office within the Irish Sports Council provides advice and support to organisations and communities throughout Ireland in the development and management of recreational trails.
The National Trails Office undertakes trail inspections on walking and cycling trails throughout the country each year and maintains a panel of contracted trail inspectors to undertake this work. All trail inspectors carry out assignments in accordance with NTO standards and procedures.
From time to time new inspectors are added to the panel.
The following are the desired skills necessary for persons wishing to join the panel:
1. Fit and competent in the outdoors with good map reading and navigation stills
2. Good technical ability ideally being able to use a GPS unit, Dictaphone and being computer literate
3. Excellent observational skills and good attention to detail.
4. Full driving licence and access to vehicle
5. Good knowledge and interest in trails and outdoor recreation in Ireland
6. Good communication skills
If interested in applying to join this panel, please forward your CV and cover letter, outlining your abilities and experience in the above areas to firstname.lastname@example.org.